Thursday, July 3, 2014

Currently Craving: Bling fit for a queen

Gold metal ear cuff trend spring summer 2014



Balenciaga gold metal halo headband trend 2014

Balenciaga gold metal halo headband trend 2014


Is it just me or has jewelry become fun again? Jewelry seems to have taken this whole new turn, where designers are now more creative than ever in inventing new ways to adorn oneself. Think of all the cool headpieces, ear cuffs, body chains, and halo headbands we've seen recently...(not to mention, all of which in thick, gold metal would make anyone appear like a Greek goddess or even better, Game of Thrones' most beloved, Khaleesi, the mother of dragons). And it's true. These new styles have a certain divine femininity about them. A regality... one only worthy of Renaissance-era icons depicting the Virgin Mary...which is perhaps why I like them so much. I mean, who doesn't like cloaking themselves in royal garb fit for a queen? While I'm equally intrigued by all of these new trends, I always say it's best to start small so I thought I'd start with the very teeny tiniest of them all: the ear cuff.


Some of my favorites include: 

LUV AJ gold ear cuff trend jewelry

Luv AJ Hammered Ear Cuff, 24 KT gold, $7 (on sale), Luv AJ.com

Dannijo Joel gold chain ear cuff shopbop

Dannijo Joel gold chain ear cuff shopbop
DANNIJO Joel Ear Cuff, $195, shopbop.com

LUV AJ Gold petite punk ear cuff

LUV AJ Gold petite punk ear cuff
LUV AJ Petite Punk Curved Earrings, $40, shopbop.com






No comments:

Post a Comment