Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Currently Craving: Color Me Red



For most of my life, lipstick was about as interesting to me as the score of any major league football game. Not one to take much of a fancy to football, I could also care less about the subtleties behind the statement-making power of a bold, red lip or the confidence it instilled upon the person behind it. Of course, I always appreciated it on other women whom I saw sporting the hue, yet never actually considered wearing the color myself until recently. For me, red lipstick seemed to be a lot of trouble for something that at a moment's notice may just as well decide to turn on you, leaving you with the unforgivable, red gooey residue plastered across the forefront of your teeth, which might as well be a billboard advertising your cosmetic "newb-ness."

It wasn't until recently that I'd warmed up to the idea of trying a bold red lip myself. Lucky for me, fall is the perfect time to experiment. In my mind, spring and summer should be resigned to lighter, more minimalistic make up, while the dramatic stuff should be reserved for the colder months of fall and winter. What do you think? 








Anyways, I wanted to share with you some great, natural and cruelty-free options I found while perusing online. Here are some of my favorites: 

1. Clover Red by Real Purity, $15
2. Fearless by e.l.f. Essentials Lipstick, $1
3. Garnet Lipstick by Colorganics, $13
4. Mauve Rose Flowercolor Lipstick by Ecco Bella, $15.95


Clover Red by Real Purity, $15




1. Real Purity
Real Purity lipsticks are cruelty-free and all natural, made with a formula designed to be a powerful anti-oxidant. Ingredients include Candellila Wax, Castor Oil, Organic Aloe Vera Extract, Organic Sweet Almond Oil, Iron Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Kaolin, Pycnogenol.






Fearless Essentials Lipstick by e.l.f., $1



2. e.l.f.
e.l.f. offers lipsticks that are made from a combination of natural waxes, oils, plant extracts, and vitamins. Comes in 18 shades, all of which are cruelty-free and eco-friendly, and is possibly the most affordable option, with lipsticks as low as $1 each.








Garnet Lipstick by Colorganics, $13



3. Colorganics
Colorganics has a selection of lipstick known to have rich and long-lasting color. These cruelty-free, eco-friendly lipstick are natural, organic and vegan, made with Fair Trade ingredients and mineral pigments that don’t harm the environment. Rich in hemp seed oil, plant waxes, and natural vitamin E to moisturize and sooth lips.

Mauve Rose Flowercolor Lipstick by Ecco Bella, $13

4. Ecco Bella
Ecco Bella is one of the best-known brands offering natural, organic, and vegan lipsticks. Long-lasting and moisturizing, the selection is made from a combination of mineral pigments, oils, and vegetable waxes. 


What do you guys think? Have you tried any of these lipstick brands before?

4 comments:

  1. They look beautiful, I'm not a really big fan of red lipstick either but it does look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I've nominated your blog for the Liebster Award!
    Go check my blog for more information about it!

    http://lulus-sister.blogspot.it/2013/11/liebsteragain.html

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, cool. Thank you!! Love the idea behind the award--what a great way to spread the word about little-known bloggers! :)

      Delete