Sunday, October 20, 2013

A Vegan's Right to Snickers: Three Delicious Halloween Treats Everyone Can Enjoy

Halloween circa early 1990s. That's me on the far left. 

As a kid, for me the real joy of Halloween wasn't in dressing up like famous figures or Hollywood movie stars, nor was it rush of adrenaline received while being spooked by neighbors who took the holiday all too seriously. No, it was none of these things. For me, Halloween was about one thing and one thing only: the candy.

Now that I'm older and wiser and have come to the realization that candy is not just accessible one day a year, but actually all year round, you would imagine that my fixation with candy on Halloween would've slowly dissipated throughout the years. Sadly, that is not the case. Old habits die hard.

So, I thought I'd share some of the delicious vegan treats I'll be making this week in honor of Halloween (click the links below for recipes). Because a vegan's right to Snickers, Kit Kats, and Twix is just as good as anybody else's, right?

1. Raw, Vegan "Snickers"

Raw Vegan Dairy Free Snickers Chocolate Recipes
milkingalmonds.com
Raw and dairy-free? Can someone say Hallelujah? Find the recipe here.

2. Homemade Vegan "Kit Kat" Bars 

Vegan Diary Free Kit Kat Bars Chocolate Recipes
ohsheglows.com
Kit Kats were always a very good friend of mine... Recipe here

3. And last but not least, "Twix" or Treat Fingers

Vegan Diary Free Twix Chocolate Recipes
ohsheglows.com
Yes, I said it. Vegan Twix! I haven't loved candy so much since circa 1993. You can find this recipe here

So I guess you all know what I'm doing this Halloween. What about you? What are your favorite Halloween treats? 


No comments:

Post a Comment